Friday, November 12, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Every month one of my jobs as my team's Photojournalist (along with my friend and team member Allison) is to submit to the Pacific Campus's monthly newsletter, the Common Ground. Here was our submission this month:

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Brought to you by Green 2 and the wonderfully entertaining children of FC Joyce Elementary School

Danny has a pink lunch box. When one student ridiculed this color choice, another jumped to Danny’s defense: “It’s okay, Dude. Real men wear pink.”

One fourth grade boy asked Catherine, “Are you a boy or a girl?” A fellow fourth grader came to her aid, "She's a girl!"

Compliment or Insult? Carly was asked one day, “Not to be rude, but are you a hippie?”

Green Two’s first day on the yard of FC Joyce Elementary, one student spotted Brett and called out, “I want to play with the large one.”

Carly: “How do you catch a squirrel?” Fourth Grade Girl: “You climb a tree and act like a nut.”

Carly: “What’s your favorite planet?” Student: “Not Jupiter” Carly: “Why not?” Student: “Because they sent my brother here.”

One of Taylor’s students wanted to get to know him: “Do you have kids?” “Do you live with your mom?” “Do you believe in God?”

During his specialty class in the Pre-K classroom, one child asked to sit on Brett’s lap. Once settled, the student announced, “I need to go to the bathroom.”

Every child at FC Joyce when seeing any Green 2 member: “Americorps! Americorps! Americorps!”

“You can’t talk to my Americorps like that!”

“I’m going to do Americorps when I get big.”

No comments:

Post a Comment